Friday, February 27, 2009

February '09 Update

I have a lot of projects on the go at the moment so thought I'd give you a but of a run-down.

First of all I rounded up all the socks I have on needles to shame myself into finishing a pair...


Yarn: Lorna's Lace - Sassy Stripe
Pattern: Simple sock from the label on Colinette's Jitterbug
Progress - 1 complete and 25% of sock 2


Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug - Berry Coulis
Pattern: Simple sock from the label on Colinette's Jitterbug
Progress - 1 complete and just cast on sock 2
Notes - no ribbing at top of sock - plain knitting so curls (love that!) First sock is too small so either need to frog back or gift


Yarn: Can't remember - I suspect it has bamboo in
Pattern: Simple sock from the label on Colinette's Jitterbug
Progress - 1 complete and need to start no. 2


Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug (?)
Pattern: Simple sock from the label on Colinette's Jitterbug
Progress - 80% through no.1
Notes: Simple curl top and 1 x 1 rib on heel flap


Next up is a jumper I have cast on for Martin. I am using New Lanark's chunky wool which I had to phone up to order as it is not on their site. It is gorgeous yarn - in a mushroom colour with flecks of colour through it. The pattern is called Cheesy Puffs on account of the bumps that are created. I really like the pattern - nice and simple but the texture looks good. The photo doesn't do it justice - but it is a lovely knit. I want to check my measurements before I go any further though.



Also on my needles is my first lace project. Aptly named A Beginner's Triangle it is still causing me problems. But I guess it will get easier - there are just a few odd stitches that I need to master. I haven't got very far with it yet.





I finally finished knitting the squirrel mittens but still need to block them. They were a good exercise in mitten knitting and I learned that I knit really, really tight - these are adult size (apparently) but fit my five year old son!



The practice on the squirrel mittens was useful when I started the Posh Winter Cottage Mittens. I love the pattern on these and the yarn is gorgeous to work with. I went up a size or two on the needles to help with my tight knitting but have still not got it right. This is where I got up to before frogging them back completely as they were still too small. Maybe I need to make man-size mittens to get the right size!!



I do have other things on the needles - a secret present for XXX, a jumper for me, a scarf for Orla and a jumper for Orla - all are either secret or stagnating - must sort them out....

1 comment:

natalie said...

The sassy stripe ones are even better in real life!